Somerville classifier - Shive content analyser
The Somerville classifier is used to determine shives/chips and impurities (stickies) in paste/paper pulp. Firstly, it was designed to determine the shives/chips of the paste after its cooking, nowadays it is more commonly used for the classification of stickies. Classification system by vibration by an eccentric movement of a standardized grid according to the type of test to be performed.
- Robust and high precision equipment.
- Standard slotted grid with openings 0.15mm wide.
- Manufactured in stainless steel.
- Easy handling and cleaning.
- High precision grids of 150 microns (standard), 100 and 80 microns.
- Controlled by PLC to perform the complete test.
- Possibility of analyzing a great variety of pastes.
- CE Marking
- Control box prepared for wall fastening
- Calibrated ring nozzle (works with 8.6 l/min at a pressure of 123.6 kPa)
- Sturdy construction made of corrosion-resistant materials only
- All parts in contact with water are made of non-corrosive material
- Somerville unit is mounted on a stand and a control box is prepared for wall fastening
- Drive motor protection class IP55 built into the stand, drives the slot screen via an excentric mechanism at approx. 690 - 700 U/min
- Control (start/stop/water), timer for 20 min sieving time (motor and water) and thermal overload protection built in electric control unit (IP65)
- Air pistol delivered complete with tube and self-sealing coupling for cleaning the slot plate and water box
- Will be delivered ready for use